Firehouse Seeking Nominations for 2020 EVT of Year Award
Firehouse is pleased to announce the ninth annual Call for Nominations for the Emergency Vehicle Technician of the Year Award with a submission deadline of Nov. 13.
Firehouse, in partnership with the Fire Department Safety Officers Association (FDSOA), is pleased to announce the ninth annual Call for Nominations for the Emergency Vehicle Technician of the Year Award. The selection criteria focus is on leadership, professional development, integrity and a commitment to the safe operation of emergency vehicles for the responders and the community. The nomination letter should emphasize a nominee’s implementation of safe procedures, advanced education in the field and service above and beyond.
“FDSOA is proud to support the EVT of the Year Award,” said Rich Marinucci, executive director, FDSOA. “The FDSOA is committed to improving the transportation and equipment that fire departments rely on for quality service. Without EVTs, this would not be possible.”
The 2020 EVT of the Year Award is sponsored by Spartan Motors.
Anyone can nominate an EVT that meets the following criteria:
- Be a member in good standing of a state or local EVT association as of Jan. 1, 2020.
- Have at least five (5) years full-time employment in the maintenance of emergency vehicles.
- Be working toward or passed any of the Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification Commission tests.
- Be working toward or passed any of the Automotive Service Excellence tests.
- Foster professionalism through participation in a local, state or provincial maintenance/emergency vehicle technician association.
- Adhere to the education of safety practices and procedures in his/her profession.
Click HERE to nominate an EVT