FDSOA’s Fire Apparatus Conference is the only conference dedicated to providing a better understanding of fire apparatus to the emergency services industry. Presentations from leading industry figures, as well as apparatus and equipment manufacturers, provide the attendee with a wide range of factual data.
The supply-chain and economic problems that began with the Covid-19 pandemic hit the fire apparatus market hard in 2022. The fire service experienced lengthy delays in getting both new apparatus and parts. These delays were felt by larger fire departments with multi-vehicle replacement schedules as much as they were by small departments needing a single unit.
We are not out of the woods. A full recovery may be several years out. If your department is preparing to purchase a new apparatus over the next five years, you need to know how to navigate this new reality.
The Fire Department Safety Officers Association’s 2023 Fire Apparatus, Specification, Maintenance and Fleet Management Conference committee worked hard to bring in new speakers and to restructure the conference program to tackle these issues with training tracks with a more hands-on approach and an enhanced training and learning experience.
This conference will focus on fleet management and maintenance as departments will have to rely on keeping aged vehicles running longer. The conference will also replace the hotel-setting format with a fire department setting by locating at the new state-of-the-art Gilbert Public Training Facility.
Pre Conference January 8, Conference January 9-10, 2023
Gilbert Public Safety Training Facility
6860 S Power Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85297
EVT Testing will be available on Monday, January 9, 2023, 4:15pm
You MUST preregister and pay at the EVT Commission website by Dec 9, 2022.
This is a member event. If you are not currently a FDSOA member, or you are lapsed in your membership, you will be asked to join/renew prior to your registration. If you are registering a member, but not a member yourself, you can contact the office for assistance.
Pre-Conference Add-on Sessions – January 8, 2023
Full Day Pre-Conference options include ($250 each):
*PPE required: safety glasses, gloves, work boots, long pants ( no shorts, no sandals)
Full Conference – January 9-10, 2023 ($575)
Here are some samples of the classes - click below for the full schedule
- Tempe Assistant Attorney Kara Stanek and Scottsdale’s Risk Manager George Woods will discuss apparatus fleet risk management at the morning general session.
- In Electric Vehicles Part 1, Fleet Managers Rob Anselmi from Canada’s Toronto Fire and Jason Nickelson from Mesa Fire will share why their departments purchased electric fire vehicles.
- In Electric Vehicles Part 2, Tim Noeding from Rosenbauer dealer Velocity Truck, and Rodger Lackore, an electric vehicle engineer from REV, will give you a behind-the-scenes look at what infrastructure is needed to own electric trucks.
- Tom Shand and Mike Wilbur will take you through the start-to-finish steps on how to manage your vehicle order — even minor mistakes here can cost you money in the end.
- Tulsa Fire Chief Michael Baker will discuss why his department had to spend $24 million on apparatus.
- T.J. Tennent, “Tyre Guy”, will be the motivational speaker and will be doing breakout sessions focused specifically on tires. These sessions will provide valuable information and data you can implement in your fleet maintenance operation.
MAKE YOUR hotel reservations now!
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gilbert-Mesa Gateway
5530 S. Power Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85295
Hotel front desk 1-480-507-3000
rooms starting at $155++/nt
Hotel serves breakfast & is approximately 4 miles from the Training Facility. No shuttle provided.
Room block will start Sat, Jan 7 thru Wed, Jan 11
Make your reservations by calling the front desk and asking for the Fire Dept. Safety Office block or they book online:
FDSOA Room Block - Holiday Inn Hotel Link
Deadline to make room reservations under group block is Dec 1, 2022.
Four Points by Sheraton
6850 E Williams Field Rd,
rooms starting at $159++/nt
Free 24 hour shuttle service within 5 miles.
Room block will start Sat, Jan 7 thru Tues, Jan 10
For reservations - call Marriott Reservations at (480)579-2100, Option #1 and reference Gilbert Arizona Public Safety Training Dept Room block.
Or you can use this link for online booking: Book your group rate for Gilbert Arizona Public Safety Training Department Room Block
Deadline to make room reservation under group block is Dec 1, 2022.
Other Hotel option in conference area:
Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport - 6907 E Ray Rd, Mesa AZ, (480) 351-7088. Free Shuttle within 3 miles (5a-11p).